MissionView Church is a community of people who love Jesus and love the people of North Canton. We desire to show the love of Christ in our community. He’s changed our lives, and we’re excited to share that with others!
Our mission is to make disciples who have an intimacy with God, community with others and influence in their world.
Our vision is to provide every man, woman and child in our community an opportunity to see, hear and respond to the gospel and see that all realize their mission.
In February 2012, Steve Marshall, Associate Pastor at Maranatha, committed to be the lead pastor of a new church. In the coming months, Pastor Steve worked closely with Maranatha’s elders to assemble a leadership team, create a launch plan, and cast vision for the church. The core leadership team decided to call the new church MissionView because of their commitment to reaching the community and helping each church member find and pursue his or her mission.
By April 2013, MissionView was approved to hold services at Hoover High School and seven pilot community groups launched. In June, July, and August, the MissionView team hosted preview services in the Family Life Center at Maranatha so that those desiring to know more about the church could come and get a feel for what it would be like. On September 8, 15, and 22, we had “practice services” to ensure things ran smoothly.
On September 29, 2013, we officially launched MissionView Church. We are excited about what God is doing at MissionView!
MissionView Church meets inside Hoover High School at 525 7th Street NE, North Canton, OH 44720. The main service is held in the Hoover Hall of Performing Arts Sunday at 10am . The Commons, a bright open area with round tables, is perfect for fellowship and refreshments the hour after our service.
Our offices are inside the Hoover Company on the 1st floor, look for one of the glass doors in the lobby on your left side. Our mailing address is 219 East Maple Street, Suite 121, North Canton, OH 44720. Our hours are Monday through Thursday 8:30am-4:30pm.
What We Are Going To Do
Our Mission: To make disciples who have an intimacy with God, community with others and influence in their world.
What We Want To See
Our Vision: Provide every man, woman and child in our community an opportunity to see, hear and respond to the gospel and see that all realize their mission.
Why We Exist
Our Purpose: To be a healthy church that is balanced in learning, worship, community, service and sharing Jesus with those far from God.
Who we Are
- Christ-centered worship
- Expositional teaching and intentional training
- Communities of encouragement and accountability
- Godly servant leadership
- Sharing our grace stories
How We Will Measure Our Mission
Our Assessment: We will measure our mission by 5 key thresholds:
- We Pursue God – We make intimacy with God our first priority, seeking to hear from Him and following Him in every area of our lives.
- We Live Connected – We strive to live in authentic biblical community with other Christ-followers.
- We Use our Gifts – We seek to discover and use our spiritual gifts for the benefit of others.
- We Steward our Lives – We aim to manage every aspect of our lives (our bodies, our relationships, our time, our money) to be used in His mission and for His glory.
- We Share our Grace Stories – We intentionally seek opportunities to share our grace stories with those in our circles of responsibility (COR).
How We Will Accomplish Our Vision
Our Strategy: We will accomplish our vision by coming alongside of other ministries in following ways:
- We Love our Community – We strive to love our community so that they will have the opportunity to see, hear, and respond to the Gospel
- We Work together – We desire to work together, investing in the community and pooling our resources to do so.
- We Prepare the Team – We aim to see the principles of gospel transformation instilled throughout the church.
- We Plant Churches – We desire to plant other local missional churches.
- We Partner with Others – We seek to develop strategic missional partnerships around the globe for the purposes of church planting and compassion.
- The Bible is God’s inspired, infallible, and inerrant Word. (2 Timothy 3:16; Psalm 119:89; 1 Peter 1:23, 25).
- There is one God, who exists as three Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Matthew 28:19; 2 Corinthians 13:14; 1 Peter 1:2).
- Jesus Christ is fully God and entered human form by the miracle of the virgin birth, lived a sinless life, and died for our sins. He rose again on the third day (Matthew 1:18-25; John 1:1, 14, 3:16; 1 Corinthians 15:3-7; 1 Timothy 2:5; Hebrews 1:3; 1 John 2:1).
- The Holy Spirit is God. His ministry is to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ, convict the world of sin, and minister to the believer (John 3:3-6, 14:16-17, 14:26, 15:26, 16:8).
- All people are created in the image of God but because of Adam’s sin, they are sinful by nature and choice. Apart from forgiveness through Jesus Christ, all are lost and alienated from God (Genesis 1:27, 3:1-6; Romans 3:23; Ephesians 2:1-3).
- Salvation rests solely on the work of God’s grace. Christ’s death is the only payment for sin that God will accept. All who believe in Christ are born again and become the children of God (John 1:12-13; Ephesians 2:8-9). All believers, once saved, are secure in Christ forever (John 6:37-40, 10:27-30; Romans 8:1, 38-39).
- The saved will be resurrected in body and be raised to eternal intimacy with God in His presence in a new earth and heaven. The lost will be raised to judgment and experience eternal wrath in Hell (Luke 16:19-31, 23:43; Revelation 20:11-15).
Click here to continue to the Leadership Affirmation of Faith and the Constitution.
We would love to see everyone serving and being involved in an area that they are passionate about and spiritually gifted in. One of the functions of our deacon ministry is to help meet the needs of those in the church and to get people involved in using their gifts to do the same. Feel free to contact one of our deacons below or click here to fill out a form letting us know who you are and how you would like to help.